Saturday, June 27, 2015

Scripture Camp and Girl Drama

This last week Coen and Beckett attended scripture camp at church. They loved it and all the ladies who organized it did such a great job. But my favorite part of the week was the romance drama.  


One day a friend texted me to tell me that her daughter told her that Coen and she were boyfriend and girlfriend. I was excited to hear Coen's version of events when I got home. 

Coen told me that Kennidi asked him to be boyfriend girlfriend. 
Me: what did you say?
Coen: I told her we should definitely NOT consider that. But I don't think she understood because she told people we were boyfriend girlfriend. 
(My opinion knowing this little girl- she understood but just continued on with her plan, she knows what she wants and makes it happen, regardless of others opinions. My kind of girl.)
Me: Are you going to talk with her to clarify your feelings?
Coen: No, I'm just going to ignore it until she forgets. (Already handeling things like a man). 

The next day it was so funny to watch Kennidi try to hold his hand and Coen squirming away. Then her little sister declared her love and devotion to Coen and a territorial hand holding contest began. It was so funny! 

I look forward to the years of pre-adolescent boy-girl silliness ahead of us. 

Just because I feel like I should record it, Coen and Beckett's favorite part of the week was going to the temple and the stripling warrior day. 


No comments: