Monday, April 6, 2009

Killarney

This may be my favorite city so far. Today we drove the ring of Kerry (i think I just called that the wrong name, but now I can't think of the real one because the bar band is playing Johnny Cash's Rind of Fire) anyways- way too much time on the bus with stops at a couple of great look out points and a lot of tourist traps. Lunch was about 16-20 dollars for fairly gross food. My little ducklings were so glad I packed them a lunch from the grocery store (and the breakfast buffet that had a cheese and salami tray- weird).

This afternoon I ran around and got the last of my gifts for the family. I could never find a dragon for Coen- but I did find a fuzzy little donkey- the animal that was really at the castle. You just can't imagine how cute a donkey can be when he has really long hair- when I get home I will post a picture. Uhm don't ask me to get you anything because it is fiendishly expensive in Ireland and there is nothing that is affordable for a little gift. Ugh. I did get myself a fabulous sweater.

After a nap and dinner in our super posh hotel (my room has a jacuzzi tub!) The adults went out to a pub and sat and listened to Irish music.It was great. The crowd consisted mostly of Elderly people and young guys with shaved heads- Just perfect for me! and we got some pictures of Nancy holding glasses of gueniss (how do you spell that and just tonight nancy realized it was a bear and not just the record book!) - blackmail anyone? The music was just perfect and exactly what I wanted and not deafeningly loud.

On to Cork tomorrow and home stays for all the kids but Marika so I think she and I will go pub crawling (against the rules for the trip). Isn't it great that she is 18 and can hang out in bars with me!?

1 comment:

Marika said...

here is as link that should work. hope you enjoy the randomness of it.

by the way, ireland was AMAZING!

http://www.vimeo.com/3887020