Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some thoughts now that I am home

So the thought of attempting to cover our trip is just too overwhelming- but here are a couple of things that tickled my funny bone.

So I couldn't really find anything that was just right for a gift for Becky and Andrea- okay there were a lot of great things but none in my budget- sorry no $300 table cloths for you. And then when we were at a horrible dinner show the very last night I saw the perfect gift. The waitress was using a tea towel with all the great Irish writers printed on it. Yes folks that is a tea towel with the faces of James Joyce and Samuel Beckett printed on it. I can not describe the glee that this product filled my soul. Just imagine the horror in these men are feeling- I can't but think that Frank McCourt and Maria Edgeworth would get the joke though. Unfortunately I couldn't convince Marika to steal it out of the girl's back pocket. So your lack of the Great Irish Writers Tea Towel is due to Marika's silly little problem with larceny.

Also - I came home to Dr B being on vacation and I am working twice as many as my usual hours. Yesterday I told Coen he was going to Grandma's so that I could go to work and take care of sick kids- and he replied "Mommy you need to stay home and take care of Beckett and Coen."

And before all you stay at home mom's get too heart broken for my poor neglected children- this morning Coen kept telling me to hurry up so he could go to Grandma's and then told me it was more fun when Dad came and picked him up and that should be his job and I should just come home and make dinner.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Poor Polly--our kids can be so . . . tactless. I'm glad you survived and arrived home to tell me about the tea towel. Hilarious!! I hope your kids feel better soon and you manage to get some rest. Love you!!!