Saturday, June 6, 2009

Baking Insanity


About 7 this evening I got the baking bug. So a quick trip to the store- put the kidlettes to bed. Then I started. I called some friends so tomorrow is desserts and games at our house- come on over and play (and eat). Also while I was baking the caloric feast I shared some rocky road ice cream with Coen. What, swim suit season is on the way? Oh crap. I guess I will have to be good- after the party.


This is really only halfway done. It is my cheater tart- rhubarb right now but tomorrow it will get a layer of fresh strawberries and a little glaze.

This is the cheater apple tart (thanks to pioneer woman for the idea).

This was the best pan I have ever licked, ever. Rhubarb filling. Yum.


This wasn't so bad to lick either- cherry pie filling.

Leaves for the crust


Getting ready to bake the leaves

The filling getting started. Isn't this a great pan and it is color coordinated with the filling- and to top it all off I was wearing my cherry apron. So cute of me.


Bubbling filling

The finished pie

3 comments:

Becky said...

you and and your stupid leave disgust me...sigh. good idea. remind me to steal it the next time i make pie. or just have you make the pie. love - bb

Andrea said...

Looks yummy and fancy! You and your sister bb are both a little . . . crazy/perfectionist/over-the-top/competitive weirdos. In case you didn't know that already.

Marika said...

You are sooo lucky that I love you, and respect you, and are afraid of your everlasting torment... I was really close to eating those this morning.

And I agree with bb, your leaves disgust me too. Although the finnished product does look very nice.