Friday, November 11, 2011

The Ant Man Costume

So Coen has wanted to be Ant Man for halloween- no other costume could be discussed. If he couldn't be Ant Man he didn't want to dress up. Now for those of you who don't know Ant Man is one of the Avengers. He is such a popular Avenger he isn't even in the movie coming our next summer. But in the cartoons he is the older wiser leader Dr Pimm. Coen says he wanted to be ant man because he is a scientist and Coen wants so be a scientist. How do you argue with that reason! Now Ant Man has many powers he can be tiny and fly around on a flying ant, and he can speak to ants and they swarm at his command (to do useful things like go under doors and unlock them- but why would you need that with the Hulk who can just knock the door over). Ant Man can also become Giant Man and be super giant- I think this is really a hologram or mind power thing- Coen hasn't really explained it well and I don't care to watch the cartoon.
This is want he looks like as Ant Man:
Ant Man


And this is Giant Man:

Now here is the problem- you can buy any other Avenger costume. But when your kid is the only
one in America who wants to be Ant Man you can't just order a costume from Target. I love to
craft- but I don't do halloween costumes. I don't want to waste my time and creative energy o
something I am not excited to work on. But I broke my rule this year- because Coen wanted it s
desperately. I bought a Flash costume and used some duct tape to modify it. I kind of combined
Giant Man and Ant Man because Alma said I couldn't cover Coen's football helmet in silver duct
tape. He loved it. His joy made it all worth while for me. Here is the end product:




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite part was the underwear on top!

3 comments:

3 Small Humans said...

HOORAY!!! My son is 5 and after a fairy princess phase he is just now getting into super heros and ant man is his chosen guy. I am thinking ahead to having to make a halloween costume and your blog post perfectly solves this problem! Thanks!! :)

Anonymous said...

I was switching the web and found this I have seen ant man costumes before but never could find one to buy.this gave me a great idea thanks.

stark. raving. mad. mommy. said...

Hi Polly, I'm working on a goofy post for Babble.com about what it would be like to raise the Marvel superheroes as babies/kids. Would it be okay with you if I share one of your fabulous Ant-Man photos as part of my post? Obviously I'd credit you and link back to your blog. Please let me know if that would be okay with you! - Joslyn Gray (mommy@starkravingmadmommy.com)