Friday, November 11, 2011

More Fall Festivities

This year Halloween weekend was a little crazy. Friday night we had a Fall Family Fun Night. This was just perfect for me. Lots of silly little games. You know- fishing for a prize, making a pumpkin face, bean bag tosses. This was my view the whole night:

Photobucket
I ran the lollipop game. You picked a lollipop and if you get one with a dot you get a prize and if you don't you get the lollipop. The little gamblers loved this game. It was great to visit with the other moms and enjoy the laid back atmosphere. I know that there was a lot of work put into it- but it was so simple and lovely. I grew up in a rural area so we didn't really trick or treat- we went to the school carnival. And this kind of reminded me of those childhood memories. A few side notes- Alma refused to go so I took my niece Jessica so she could take the boys to the booths while I manned my booth. Also there was a narrow window between getting home from work and having to get to the carnival- so I wouldn't let the boys dress up. But they wouldn't settle for that so Coen put on his supper C cape and Beckett wore his superman pajamas.

That Sat was the church party- also nice. Sunday We celebrated Alma's , Joseph and Grandma Conley's birthdays. It was grandma's 90th! And she gave me my favorite moment of the weekend. She was talking to my in-laws about getting older and as she was walking away she turned around and said "But I can still dance!" And then she shook her booty and did a hysterical little turn and kick. Best Moment Ever. Between Alma's and my family our house was very full. I let Alma pick the menu and he always picks on ease, or at least what he thinks is easy. Sometimes it would just be easier to let me make something on my own with out his help- because I have a handful of big crowd menus. But shh don't tell Alma he thinks he is making it easier for me. Then on Monday I got the boys dressed in their costumes and off to school- but more of that later because I think I even have some pictures.

No comments: