Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Crafts

So here are some of my favorite of the Christmas crafts. These are the little trees I made Becky and Susie for Christmas. They were inspired by the first Christmas decoration our Grandparents bought when they were newlyweds. I got to use diamond dust- which was tons of fun. And yes this is what I needed the vintage sequins for.

These are for a craft only partially finished- I will have to do the rest next year. I spelt out the phrase Peace on Earth and put some coordinating paper behind these globes. I have some great blue and gold ribbons that I am planning on twining through a garland and hanging these from it with some matching little ribbon. I just never got the garland. That's okay it will be fun to put together next year.


Here are some close ups of the blocks I showed earlier. I wanted to show the back ground paper and the tree that according to my darling dearest "just ruined it all".

These are the ornaments I made for my cousins. These were a lot of fun if you want to know how to make them I will do a tutorial if any one asks. I only had a few left to take pictures of but I did all different styles. Modern polka dots- vintage santas. And all sorts of decorations in the center- from glitter snowflakes to epoxy reindeer. I was really happy with how these turned out- especially as they were completely my brain child.

2 comments:

V said...

Wow! You are amazing! So creative! When did you find time to do all that?!? You'll have to tell me more about this "diamond dust" and vintage sequins! Love it!

Anonymous said...

all of your christmas crafts are so beautiful but at the same time they make me sick (not in a totally horrible way well...sorry)
because they're so well...PRACTICALLY PERFECT!!!