Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So I did a lot of crafting. Some on my own, some with Andrea, some for Relief Society. Here are a few of the things I finished. I didn't get pictures of the Relief Society crafts for Super Saturday, The two ornaments I made for all the cousins, the hydrangea wreath I made for the front door. I also didn't finish several planned things, but am hoping to find time to finish them in the next month, rather than packing it all up and leaving it to next year to add to my ever growing list of stuff I want to do.
One day all the girls came over and we watched White Christmas, and crafted, and ate and giggled. It was one of my favorite days over the Christmas holiday.
Photobucket
I was in charge of the Relief Society dinner. It turned out just as I wanted, wonderful food, relaxed, lots of visiting, nice music (provided by one of Sally's quartets). The menu: Cranberry Pork Roast, Smoked Gouda Twiced Baked Potatoes, Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Candied Walnuts, and a Blue Cheese Vinagrette, Homemade Rolls and Grandma's Green Jello Salad. Every one brought dessert to share- I loved the homemade toffees and carmels. I was glad the night turned out so nicely.
Photobucket
The following was the garland I started last year (you can see how far I got here). I loved how it turned out but couldn't get a good picture of it. It says Peace on Earth.
Photobucket
This is what I made when all the girls came over the top one is about 5 inches across and I made it for this great dress I just got that is a lot of grey suiting material and needs something bright and shiny to break up all that grey. The large one will go on the sash and the three little ones will be on the collar. The girls made lots of cute things, my favorite was a grey and bronze one with a cameo in the center. They were fun and easy and I think I will make a ton more.
Photobucket
Becky and Susie avert your eyes.
I planned on making three of these. I got the idea from this great website. I just got Harvene's done- so Susie's and Becky's will be birthday gifts. Theirs are much more modern and fun. I can't wait to show them to you. I just love this batiked fabric- so many colors, and so rich. The quilting is just random stitching back and forth in three different colors.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, great job for meeting your blogging goals. I LOVED all the things you made. We need to be closer so I could babysit for you in exchange for cute things. I don't make cute things. Except babies. I make cute babies.

PS Need to talk to you about my six year old sometime.

Miss you as always.

Bob and Becky said...

Polly....I am so impressed! Loved the crafts. Not sure how you find time to do it all.......Love Aunt Becky

Andrea said...

I forgot-I want all those recipes.