Wednesday, June 2, 2010


A couple of weeks ago I had one of those tremendous spiritual experiences. I was sitting in primary- substituting. And the chorister asked the kids to pick a favorite song. A boy sitting behind me raised his hand and asked to sing "Armies a Helaman". I glanced over my shoulder to see who it was and I saw Michael sitting there. I took a deep breath and looked again and realized the boy was really my nephew David.



As we sang one of Michael's favorite songs I felt his presence right beside me singing along with our primary. And tears rolled down my cheeks as I felt his love and peace. In fact I am crying those same tears as I remember what it felt like to feel his presence.



When Michael first died I know he was instrumental in helping me gain the unshakable foundation of my testimony. There have been several times in my life I knew he was with me. But it has been a long time. And I was just so touched to know he still loves me- that he saw my precious little boy- that he joined us in singing one of his favorite songs. Just so grateful for those fleeting moments when the veil is thin.




As a side note when looking at David a little later I was struck by how much he looks like Michael- definitely a similar build. And I also realized that he is the same age now that Michael was when he died.




Michael is the closest thing I ever had to a brother growing up- and I loved him dearly. It is so important to me to know he lives on- that we will be reunited some day.


I miss you.

This is just to prove that Michael and David do look alike- it is much more striking in person.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have heard a great deal of good things about Michael. I wish I had had the chance to meet him. David REALLY looks like him!! Its good to feel that closeness. I love you very much.

Anonymous said...

oh and this is REALLY random, but in that pic of you, michael, aunt becky, and melanie, aunt becky has only one shoe and sock on. sorry, i had to say that...=)