Monday, March 15, 2010

New Years Resolution

What you say? It is nearly April? Oh I am a little late. Well tough you take what you can get around here.

So one of the things I love about this house is my craft room. I love having a craft room. Before we moved in I pictured myself whiling away the evening hours in there- watching an old musical while I scrap booked, or sewing on a sunny afternoon with little boys playing with their fire trucks below me. But here is what the room looks like:


I admit this picture makes it look worse than it is and It would be relatively straightened with an hours work. I am starting to think of it as the room of unfulfilled dreams. There are many many semi finished or never started projects lurking in this room. See those closet doors- shelves and shelves full of patterns and yarn and notions.


So here is my resolution- no more new projects until I finish all that is in my room. This means specific projects started not necessarily using up all of my yarn stash. The sad part is as I started to make a list of projects they are almost all gifts for others. Because i suck at finishing gifts- it is pitiful really. So look over there at the side bar- coming soon will be this list I am working on and as I finish projects I will take pictures, post them and then cross it off the list. And here is Alma's favorite part: No more buying of craft supplies unless it is needed to finish a project or is for a preschool activity with Coen.


I am strangely excited about this new recycled challenge!

1 comment:

Megan Bruschke said...

Oh, Polly - how I relate! When we moved into this house, I got my very own room, too. I also dreamed of hourse spent in quiet bliss doing any number of things that I love to do - however, this room is consistently the messiest in the house and I rarely have a moment to myself in it unless it is at 4:00 AM! Sigh! Maybe someday I will fulfill the dreams of my room of unfulfilled dreams! :-)