Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Extrême de Nestlé 6 Cônes Chocolat Pistache et Pépites Chocolat 720 ml
I keep feeling the need to post. And I have tons of pictures and lots of stories. But when I first got home I was not in the mood. The last couple days of the trip stunk and the flight home was awful. Just more reason for me to hate Germans. (not any I actually know- just evil Germans on planes and in lines).

But today I thought I have to at least write a little something. And then I thought about the best part of the trip. Ice Cream. We were in France only a few days when Alma looked over at me and said I know why you like France- they have pistachio flavored Ice Cream everywhere (I hadn't taken him in a patisserie yet so he didn't know about all the pistachio flavored pastry!)

And he was right. I love pistachio Ice Cream (with a scoop of chocolate- the darker the better) And while the little ice cream shops are charming and I visited a great many of them- the Nestle Extreme Chocolat Pistache was really my favorite. Now in the US I don't really like pre-made cones like this- but this little confection is why we are on earth. God did say men are that they might have joy. And this is joy in a box. It is alternating layers of pistachio and chocolate ice cream in a cone dipped in dark chocolate with a little nut/nugatty sprinkle. DIVINE. There was a box in our freezer most of the first week (they were half off at the Grocery store! if they weren't a frozen food I would have shipped an entire case home). And I found an excuse to regularly indulge. Oh sweet Chocolat Pistache Extreme how I miss you. If only I wasn't the only interested consumer in the US you might be sold here too.

2 comments:

Durrett Family Band said...

Rest assured, you are not the only pistachio lover. Do you think we could start a revolution?

PS - Must call you tonight to discuss food plans!

Andrea said...

Hello, yes, you ARE the only pistachio lover. However, my all-time favorite ice cream flavor is Tiger (black licorice and orange) and is NOT AVAILABLE in the states. When I head to Canada, I have to eat at least three gallons a day (sort of jesting) to make up for the lack when I return to the bland-flood good ole US of A. You know I love the States. You also know I'm constantly discouraged by their junk food offerings.

So . . . I may or may not be having a miscarriage right now. Bled a bit yesterday after a chiro appointment, and since then no bleeding. No cramping. Nothing. Very perplexing. Do I act like I might not be and not jog or do any heavy lifting?? Do I act like I am and ignore the whole situation and act like normal?? Following my very recent miscarriage that was characterized by two weeks of light, light bleeding and moderate cramping, and my first miscarriage that was characterized by COPIOUS bleeding--I'm unsure what is actually going on. What is strange, though, regardless of how this pregnancy plays out, is that I've now been preggers 8 times. Weird, eh?

Love you.

Andrea