Friday, October 15, 2010

Cute Video to Come

We have entered a new phase in our home. A time period I think of as the Star Wars Years. I actually thought to myself a couple of weeks ago "ahh, we have entered the Star Wars Years". Now Coen likes Star Wars and has for a while, and we have a lot of Star Wars toys, but Beckett is our real fanatic. He has taken the mania to a whole new level.

Almost every game he plays is Star Wars themed. My favorite is when he grabs me and pulls me into the hall saying "Run Pincess. Pincess follow me." and he drags me down the hall way crouching like Hans and shooting all the "Toopers" following us. He is usually Hans, Coen is Luke, I am Princess Leia, and Alma is Chewbacca. But this afternoon he wouldn't let Coen be Luke he just kept yelling "tooty-tooty" and pointing at him. It took a while but we finally figured out he meant R2D2. And just two hours later I had already forgotten what that meant when he was having a melt down because "tooty-tooty" had fallen down behind the toy chest.

The boys have different favorite movies in the series. So when I agree to let them watch one there is usually a big fight over whether we would watch A New Hope or Return of the Jedi. Who ever loses the deal cries like mad for the first twenty minutes of the movie or I threaten a time out. Beckett usually tells me it is "Storie- storie" Which either means scary or dark. He uses it interchangeably. One of my favorite things that happened during a movie- Beckett started screaming at the top of his lungs "Storie mommy storie" So I ran into the room and Beckett was pointing at the screen. It was the part of the movie where Yoda is raising the X-wing (Beckett's favorite "space-ip") out of the swamp and my little OCD guy was crying and saying "Mommy dirty- space-ip dirty dirty." He made me fast forward this terrifying scene. Normally while the movie is playing the boys get all their guys out and set them up, or they make their own spaceships. Any thing arranged in a group is a spaceship. Or they make a swamp out of the couch cushions. Or they chase each other around the room and jump on the couch with their light sabers and blaster.

Beckett has also made a little pile of the DVDs and some Star Wars X-Box games. He sorts them all day and carries them around where ever he goes. He sleeps with them- and some times an X-wing or the Millennium Falcon. If you refer to them as his DVDs he says "No mama- Daddy's DVs." He has been known to kiss them.

I got the best video the other night of Beckett in Hans Solo mode. But the cord is in the room where Alma is sleeping. So I will have to download it later. It is one of the things that will make me sob like a baby when I watch it when he is a big boy.

1 comment:

Armstrong Family said...

Your boys are just too cute for words! What a funny read!