Friday, October 15, 2010

I've Been Crafty

So I have been crafting a little. This is one of my favorite things I have done recently. I also made a matching clip for Annie to wear too. It was one of those things that turned out how I imagined. I was so tickled with how cute the little doll looks!

Photobucket


I also made this scarf for Luke's halloween costume. He called me on the phone and said "Aunt Polly I am going to be Harry Potter for Halloween, would you make me a scarf? It is red and yellow. " I bit my tongue and didn't tell him it is actually maroon and gold. So I hopped into my new project and looked and a ton of pictures. I changed this from the original a little. Those are made as a big tube which is really warm and luxurious looking. I started working in the round, and then I thought. What the heck is wrong with me- this is for a kid in California! So I simplified a little. Still there were a couple of things that annoyed me. The cheap-o yarn only had these two colors in two different weights and that was a little odd. (As I was headed to the third store I reminded myself that this was for a kids Halloween costume- so I dealt with it). But I learned that I hate knitting with cheap-o yearn. Ick. It makes knitting a chore. Ick- it feels gross and you just want to stop touching it. But not willing to by merino for a child's Halloween costume. And my model is cute- but not cooperative. We will have to really appreciate it on Becky's blog when she posts pics of the kids on there costumes. And for my kids? Nada. It will probably be store bought and not cute- which I always hate- but I am not going to make a spiderman costume or an X-wing fighter pilot costume. I am not insane. And I can't convince my kids that any of the pottery barn costumes that I could replicate are cute. And Alma and I want them to be knights and we will follow them around banging coconuts together. But they won't agree. Which is sad because their little friends are going to be princesses and wouldn't that be darling!?!

Photobucket

So still coming- a darling baby sweater- so cute! and three hats for my mom's bald head- I kinda don't want to give away. But I still need to take some pictures of those. And sorry for the bad lighting of the doll- you see I finish crafting late at night and needed to wrap the gift, hence the crap lighting.

3 comments:

Emily Ann said...

The dress is DARLING!!! And I think you found the perfect colors of maroon and gold through all the work. Luke and Annie are two lucky kids. : )

Love you, Polly!

Megan Bruschke said...

Have I mentioned yet how impressive I think you are....if not, you are seriously impressive! I marvel each time I look at your blog at the beautiful, charming, and delightful things you have created, made, or decorated with!
Miss you! Wish we lived closer so that you could help me be that cute!

Diane said...

Polly - I already loved you because my daughter Zoe does. Now I love you because of your blog, and your adorable nephew with the scarf. Thanks for being in my cyberworld. Diane, mother of Zoe