Thursday, April 7, 2011

Some Things From This Week

I asked Coen to bring the recycle bucket into the kitchen for me- he responded: "you mean the one I just peed in?"

sigh

I spent several days at the four-plex working on the remodel (with both the boys). Now the little boys don't really like spending hours on end at the four-plex. I don't let them go too far away- which means they don't really get to play with the other kids. And there isn't much to do there other than get yelled out by mom to not climb on the new cupboards. So I bribe them. They get to go to McDonalds for a treat. Now I don't really stress out about this. They get the apples and milk with their happy meals- and they eat those and about one or two bites of the hamburger. It is really all about the toy for them. So I don't stress. Life is about being flexible. In fact several months ago Grandpa babysat the boys for me- and took them to McDs for dinner and the play place. Coen came home so excited "Mom did you know they have fries and soda with happy meals!?!" I told him they only do that for grandpas- but with moms it is milk and apples. Anyways- back to this week. So to try to hold Beckett off a couple of more hours I ran and got them their BIG treat- and while the boys are jumping up and down my very nosy tenant stands on her porch smoking her 10th cigarette of the day and informs me that feeding my kids McDonalds will give them cancer. It took a lot to bite my tongue.

sigh.

Beckett is really into art- Coen likes to glue but has never loved drawing or coloring. Beckett is different. He asks to paint every day. Today at Grandma's she got out huge sheets and paper and let him go to town. So when we got home tonight we covered a wall in his room with his art. He has shown them to the rest of the family over and over- and even generously gifted on of the masterpieces to his brother.

Beckett loves boobs. Loves them. Tonight Coen was giving a little anatomy lesson. It went something like this. "Girls have boobs. And boys have nipples. They are like boobs but they are on boys. Here I will show you. These are mine." And Beckett responds "Ohh I have nipples too. I have two of them!"

And Beckett loves the number two. He tells me several times a day when every he finds two of something. The other day he was so excited and he came running into the kitchen "Mommy, Mommy we have two brothers! Our family is Mom, Dad and TWO BROTHERS!"

Alma invited his cousin and wife over for dinner tomorrow- which is great- we have been wanting to get together for a while. But Friday nights are bad for me. I work Thursday and Fridays- so friday is usually the messiest day of the week. And I have been on a cooking/sewing kick this week so it is worse than usual. So today I asked Alma to change the plans so we can go out to eat instead. So I am not trying to get everything done tomorrow morning before work in the afternoon. And he did- only he told me they were coming here first to play games.

Sigh

So I said- okay but you have to help me clean tonight. And well everyone is in bed and guess who will be up late cleaning?

double sigh.

I have been doing a ton of hand sewing this week- and filled the freezer with tons of meals. So I have had a good week. And even though is snowed again today- the rest of the week was sunny- so I got some yard work done, and evening walks with the family to the park. Sadly our back yard is still a swamp.

I am also trying to get errands run and bills payed before the boys and I leave for some time at the beach, playing with cousins, and visiting the T Rex at the California Academy of Sciences. So wish me luck.

And here are some random pictures- since Becky doesn't like it when I do too many posts with out pictures.


Photobucket


These are the results of just trying to get one decent picture of Coen in his new favorite shirt. Of course since taking the picture he has a new favorite dinosaur shirt. And I didn't get a picture anyways. (This is the shirt that Coen says is not a T Rex because it has three fingers, not two) sigh.

Photobucket

I am in love with how much these two love each other. At least once a day they hug each other and tell each other that they love one another. It is so sweet. I love it. Beckett is going to be sad when Coen starts kindergarten.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Megan Bruschke said...

So sweet! I have decided that there are few things in my life as rewarding as seeing my children love, serve, and play with each other! I pray that they are always best friends!