Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Totem
So I have been looking and looking for the right fabric to make the cushions for my as of yet imaginary built in benches in our dining area. I really wanted it to be an oil cloth or laminated fabric- gut just cant find one I like with the colors I want for that corner. And then I found this stunning choice- thank you Anna Maria Horner- you are brilliant.

Don't you think this is great for the kitchen dining area- fun, easy to clean, bright. I am a little worried that I may be the only one who really digs a 70s inspired floral print.

Now if I only could find the right giant 70s floral wall paper for the master bedroom.

So tell me what you think- Is this worth the 17.00 a yard or is it a pass? Is this a fun Polly accent or a crazy Polly mistake?

And if this is what I go with what do I use on the roman shade on the Window that is right above the imaginary bench? I think some thing with only one main color and a neutral pattern- I don't really love any of the other fabrics in the collection for the curtain sooo....





3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love it, Polly! It has a definite "happy" feel to it.

For the shade, I would pick up the gold color in the pattern--perhaps a fabric with a pattern of gold and white, subtle so that it is not competing for attention. Of course, everyone has their own tastes, so you may likely get advice all over the map.

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

LOVE IT!!! (I'm partial to the vintage-ey 70's inspired prints, too.) I'd go with one of the blues for the roman shade, but I like the brighter colors! That particular color pops up throughout my house right now. What colors are already in that area?

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic. I know this is really toned-down for me, but I would probably go with a light tan/gold for the blinds just so they don't compete for attention with that beautiful fabric. Then again, I've never seen your kitchen so what do I know. My second choice would be the pink--but I really like pink. Then the blue.