Saturday, August 1, 2009

Do you ever put off something and keep putting it off and then you are a little overwhelmed by all the work ahead of you. Yes- that is how I feel about the pollywogblog. I have a huge pile of books to review and an even bigger pile I have already forgotten that I have read and the pile of to reads by the bed is taking over my side of the bedroom. Who are we joking that pile is always slowly trying to creep its way onto the bed, and chair and smothers the bedside table (okay it is really a vintage suitcase, not a table) on a regular basis. So maybe I will sit down and work on it- but it will have to be after I get back from the coast and probably San Francisco too.



Did I mention I am taking off for the ocean with the boys and my best teen girl friend Emily? Yeah we are meeting Becky, Marika and TJ in Cambria and camping next week. I will rush home and work my grueling day and a half work schedule. Then Friday afternoon Alma and I are going to head to the city for our anniversary. That is if I ever get around to seeing if Dad and Holly will babysit- oh and call Ray and see if the condo is available. Every time we go I have a long list of things I want to do and see. But do we do any of it? No. No shopping in Laurel Heights, or West Portal. No De Young, no bike rides on my favorite trails in Golden Gate Park. No we just sit in the condo and watch the boats go by. We wake up late, wander down to the farmers market on the Embarcadero, stroll around, maybe lunch at the Fog City Diner. Dinner is the only part we actually make happen (we are a little food motivated and debate and plan a lot where we are going to eat). And then back to the condo to stare out of the floor to ceiling windows. I could sit there all day long.

No comments: