Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yesterday in the cereal aisle.

Coen: I went to Argentina and bought two horses.

Me: Really? When did you go?

Coen: Five weeks ago. I got a white one and a brown one.

Me: Did you like Argentina?

Coen: No it was too hot. Camels like it hot but I don't like deserts.

This conversation continued off and on through out the store- at one point Coen put some candy bars in the cart.

Coen: My horses from Argentina eat chocolate.

Me (putting chocolate back on shelf): Well I think imaginary horses can eat imaginary chocolate- oh look here is a really big box. (I put giant imaginary box into the cart)

Coen: Well- okay.

And as the bag boy was putting the groceries in the cart Coen yelled out "Leave room for my horses in the trunk!"

I love this age- it is so much fun! We are talking a lot about geography (Coen's current obsession) but I don't remember ever talking about Argentina- other than just naming all the countries on the globe. But we look at a lot of maps and I answer a lot of questions about what foods different countries eat and what languages are spoken where.

Oh and Beckett is cute too. He says MAMA, and NO, and MINE, and STOP all day long- interspersed with a pitched screech that is made when he is mad, sad, happy, or indifferent. Good thing he is so cute.

2 comments:

V said...

What a funny kid! And you play along in such a clever way!

Marika said...

coen has such a good imagination- and memory! the other day he was in my room, and asked about my horse lamp. He wanted to know if it was from Argentina, and why both of the horses are brown (rather than one of each), and on and on. He then proceeded to tell me about his horses. He probably talked a good hour straight about them. Oh- and he reminded me to feed them when he's in Barcelona, because the horses live in the trunk of your red car (he gave me permission to drive it, just i couldn't open the trunk-they would escape and run away then), not on the airplane...