Friday, August 26, 2011

TJ is at BYU!!!!

We had a great time taking TJ out to BYU.

There were some highs:

Seeing Nate and Audra.
Walking TJ around campus.
Just hanging out with TJ and Becky.
Meeting JJ's new baby and her extended family.
Sundance- and more Sundance.
Shopping with sisters.
Setting up Tj's dorm.
Silver Lake with Kendra (Tj's very good friend who will be at UofU).
Finding the best green wool military coat for TJ.
Buying way too many books.

And the lows:

A speeding ticket (shhh I haven't told Alma yet) Actually my last speeding ticket was 10 yrs ago on the same part of I-80 with TJ- how weird is that!
Dropping my iphone in the toilet.
Becky forgetting her levoxyl.
Not getting to see Megan or Andrea.
TJ losing her wallet (found quickly).

And I didn't take any pictures because my camera stayed in the trunk until the last day- but I got some great shots the last afternoon. For the other days- you will have to go look at Becky's blog. And here they are:


Photobucket
Ahhhh, memories of Heritage Halls.

Photobucket
We may have been a little excited to be back in the old dorms unpacking TJ's kitchen.

Photobucket
TJ- I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of this young woman. She is intelligent, fun to be with, and a hard worker. I am so excited for all the new and exciting times ahead of her the next several years. I hope she has as many great memories from this time in her life as I do.

Photobucket
After unpacking we took TJ and her roomie (Emily) up to Sundance for one last meal.

Photobucket
Have I ever told you how much I love Sundance? It is a little piece of heaven on Earth.

Photobucket
And then we decided to make Becky deal with the heights and rode the chair lift- but sadly we didn't have time to ride mountain bikes back down. I have always wanted to do that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Worth every penny. Breath taking isn't it?

Photobucket
And then we stuffed our faces (we may have eaten at this exact table the day before). As usual it was great- but I was a little sad we didn't get to eat at the Tree Room- since we were a little sweaty and too casual. The Grill was good though.

Photobucket
And stuffed our faces some more- peach cobbler- mmmmm.

No comments: