Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Dress

So here are the pictures of the dress I made for Anna's American girl doll. She loved it. Unfortunately so did my niece Annie (who is 5 and thought it was for her at first- and was really disappointed it wasn't- and now has invited Anna- who is 10- over to her house for a tea party with their dolls) so now I am promptly starting on dress #2. Hopefully it will go a little easier as the second one usually does.
This is the head band I made for Anna so that they match.


The Bodice- notice the flower I put on the waist- that was my own addition- I even designed all the flowers used.



The hem


The back




Her head band




The whole shebang.

5 comments:

Beckie said...

super cute! I am so impressed with your talent!!

Marika said...

oh, come now polly, anna is 11. but that's okay, dad truly thought she was only 9...

and she is in love with the dress!

Andrea said...

Wow--that's amazing. So much talent in such a frivolous looking package! :)

Polly said...

Yeah yeah I knew that this was her birthday and therefore would be 11 but I just wasn't thinking when I posted.

Durrett Family Band said...

When do you sleep? Seriously, you are amazing?