Monday, February 22, 2010

Coenisims

I don't seem to record these often enough- but there are just so many.

The other day Coen told me the name of a dinosaur (unsolicited) and then his whole face just lit up and he said- "Mom I remembered! I just remembered it from deep in my heart."

His new thing when strangers say hello is to hide his head and say "I am too shy to talk to you."

Coen is obsessed with snow boarding and Sean White in particular. He made a snowboarding course in the family room out of our cushions and furniture and runs around pell mell while he watches the snow boarding races. When Alma was the same age he was injured during the 1976 Summer Olympics running a heat around the coffee table. He still bears the scar by his eye. So every time Coen leaps around the furniture I worry about him following in his father's foot steps. If he sees Sean White he screams "Sean White Sean White"- even if the camera is just panning the audience and Sean whit is sitting in the crowd.

Today he set up with some bubble wands in the shed in our back yard and was banging them together and saying "Money money we need money. Money for coconuts." He would then tell Beckett to go get more money and Beckett would run around like a maniac saying "mny mny". I asked them what they were doing and Coen told me they were working for money. I have no idea how to explain this.

He has turned into a complete nudist- he wants to be naked all the time. We went over to Wendell and Kirsten's the other day and as soon as he walked into the house he said to a shirtless Grant- "No one wants to see you naked Grant- put on a shirt." Talk about pot calling the kettle black.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no words... :)