Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A month of Love


In honor of this month of love I have decided to post about what I love about my life and family. I will do this periodically through the month, which how good I have been about posting recently this may be the only one written.


So my thoughts for today- which trust me the is a bad post-call/cranky/ painful day so it was a little hard to come up with some thoughts. Coen even told me I was grumpy and bad.


So I love how good the boys are at entertaining themselves today, pbskids.org, a pile of books, and every toy in the house on the floor and they have been quite for hours this morning. Tender mercies.


I am thankful Alma wakes up and goes to work every day, and hears my phone beep when I am so exhausted it doesn't even register in my brain, and wakes me up so I can go calm some panicked parents down at 4 am, and then genuinely feels bad when he sees me sitting in bed reading "Team of Rivals" because after being on the phone for 45 min I can't go to sleep, and then he doesn't kiss me good bye because I have barely drifted off and he doesn't want to wake me. That is a good husband.


I love my house, my comfortable, cozy house.


I love Beckett's very loud pretend eating noises he makes while he jumps up and down and spins around with joy while I serve him his food. This kid loves to eat. Not that you could tell- seeing as he is the size of an infant.


I love that at Papa Ray's party Beckett danced like crazy and sang along with the band and loved all the attention. Coen stood in the corner with his hands over his ears, scowled at strangers and asked to go. So much like their parents.


I loved how much the boys loved swimming in the ocean. I remember swimming in those same beaches in January myself.


I love Vicoden. Makes the pain slightly more bearable, but also makes my nose itch.

1 comment: