Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baking

On Monday Anna and Joan came over and we had a baking day. It was great- the only problem was TJ wanted to come and I didn't realize that, so our wires got crossed and we missed out on her company. In fact I didn't get to hang out with her all week.

I know, I know- Becky says I shouldn't post this with out the recipes. But well I am too lazy to do that. I made the profiteroles from the "Sweet Life in Paris" and covered them in Nancy Meyer's chocolate sauce. David Lebovitz says a little goes a long way- and he was right and I put too much on the cream puffs. I can't remember where I got the recipe for the vanilla cream filling- but it was only so so. The puffs and chocolate sauce were divine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ever since seeing the Chevre Brownies by the Vermont Brownie Company I have been dying to try them. Anna and Joan thought that sounded good too- so we were off. We looked at a couple of different recipes and I think the one from the Pink Apron was the most like what we did. But they were crazy rich- a tiny piece was enough and I think I need to refine the recipe a little still.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: