Monday, September 8, 2008

FHE Poems

In my dad's personal history writing this week we were given a little assignment to write a little poem describing ourselves. So I twisted arms and made my family write these little poems for FHE. This was the first time we tried to do something that lasted longer than 30 seconds for FHE. There was mixed results. Coen was involved most of the time- but my couch and kitchen table were colored all over. (All is cleaned and okay now- I love micro fiber). So here are our little poems (based on a school assignment Anna got in 5th grade).

Polly
friendly, loving, happy, exhausted
Wife of Alma
Lover of cuddling, my boys, and books
Who feels tired, over loved, joy
Who needs support (thank goodness for Alma and my bath time), books, and girlfriends
Who gives love, home cooked meals, and countless storybook reading hours
Who fears losing a loved one, losing our livelihood, the day my boys don't want to cuddle
Who would like to travel the world with Alma, scrapbook uninterrupted with my sisters, and see my boys living good righteous lives.
Resident of Nevada City Red Dog RD.
Clove

Alma
Happy, hater of such activities, tired, couch potato
Husband of Polly
Lover of basketball, football, Polly
Who feels tired, warn out, happy
Who needs sweet lovin', sleep, and more sweet lovin'
Who gives kisses, hugs, and time
Who fears 3 nice things, not being financially sound, and enduring to the end
Who would like to travel the world in style with my Honey, retire early, eat cookies
Resident of Nevada City Red Dog Rd
Clove

Coen
busy, smart, agile, active
Brother of Beckett
Lover of stars, tractors, and grandpa
Who feels frustration (he's 2 it is time to push against boundaries), joy, curiosity
Who needs hugs, naps, and snacks
Who gives wet kisses, zurberts, and lots of love
Who fears no mommy, big dogs, and tomatoes
Who would like to climb high, drive tractors, eat "i ceam"
resident of Nevada City Red Dog Rd
Clove

Beckett
crier, eater, sleeper, cutest baby on earth
Brother of Coen
Lover of milk, naps, and being carried around endlessly
Who feels love (mommy hopes), hunger, pain (poor little tummy)
Who needs "mama's milk", attention, and more attention
Who gives sleepless nights, big smiles, and splitting headaches
Who fears no more ninnies (Alma's word for nursing), being left alone, and pooping
Who would like to eat, laugh, and poop and toot without pain
Resident of Nevada City Red Dog Rd
Clove

A few notes- You can probably tell we are the parents of a fussy newborn and exhaustion is a strong theme. I asked Alma about the enduring to the end bit and he said "well doesn't that just sound bad". No book ends with "and they endured to the end". The opposite of they lived happily ever after, in his opinion. My bath time refers to how Alma watches the boys every night after dinner while I get to take a bath and read my book. It is my me time- my time off and Alma is great never to complain when he worked all day as well. In fact he gets annoyed when I ask if it is okay for me to escape- he feels like I should just go and there is no need to ask- it is his job to play with boys at night. I think that is pretty suportive.

The other big news of the day- I finally got a double stroller and already love it! Now we can go to the library with out Coen running out into the street or unshelving as many books as he can. Unfortunately the library with the best story time for toddlers (imagine story time in NC- it is great! lots of hippies -babies with dreadlocks-and some nannies-babies in rocker wear and fairy wings- and me- a very funny group!) is an old historic building with no elevators. But there is the best librarian who will run upstairs and get any books I am interested in and bring them back down. She is a hero and I LOVE her. Only some one who has ever tried to drag two kids up a set of very steep old rickety stairs and find several books all the while keeping a 2 year old out of the shelves will understand what a saint this women is.

No comments: