Monday, September 22, 2008

A Glorious Day in the Life of Polly

So we are having a Norman Rockwell kind of day- a little twisted since this is the Clove home. I am wearing a flippy skirt and an apron. A little while ago my dad brought us a big giant bucket of tomatoes and Coen was quite intent on putting them away. I think he did a good job lining them up along the counter top! So today we are making homemade tomato sauce yum! This is an hours long process and in the middle of peeling tomatoes I started to wonder if I had lost my mind. And that is just the first step. I should mention the great tomato sauce endeavour would not be possible with out the generosity of the gardeners I love! Here is a call out the the Nix family and Kirsten- thank you for making this moment of insanity possible. Hopefully there will be a great reward when this is all bottled up and in my freezer. Lasagna tomorrow! (Not tonight since we are cleaning the church with the Preeces and I am having my thyroid ultrasound at 5:30) Nothing to worry about the ultrasound. It is just a precaution to make Alma feel better. He is freaking out a little with my family history.



















While I did most of the work on the tomatoes Beckett napped and Coen changed his outfit. He has decided the coolest thing in the world is his swimsuit with the built in floaties. Mind you, he wouldn't wear this if his life depended on it earlier this summer- but now it is cool. (Not as "COOOOL" as his light up light saber spoon.) When Beckett got up he and Coen had a blast playing on the couch. Coen would put his "Bob hat" on Beckett and bang on it. I thought Beckett would hate this, but he and Coen just kept laughing at each other. When I tries to get a picture I told Coen to sit by Beckett and he sat on him! Beckett is one tough little dude.


This is just one of those days I love being a mom and being at home with my boys. This is even with the 4 loads of laundry I have to do today and the state of denial I am in about my messy house and the phone call from the mechanic with the estimate for our car (ACKKK!).

It should stay fabulous for a while because it is almost Coen's nap time!

2 comments:

Megan Bruschke said...

SO CUTE! And I am seriously impressed with the homemade tomato sauce!

Armstrong Family said...

Hooray! I'm glad you have a blog! Wow, the boys are so cute! How fun! I miss you so much! I hope you are all well!