Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some Stuff just for Becky

So here are some more pictures of our sweet baby for Becky. These were taken last night and this morning-hence the pjs.
While Alma and I were doing other stuff Coen went and got his favorite star book to read to Beckett. They read it several times, it was so cute!
It looks like he is leaning on the couch but he was practicing sitting up and grabbing his toy and then leaning back. I just love the look in his eyes in this picture.
We have some crazy hair in our house!
And now for some recipes- I am hoping that these will be in exahange for the monkey munch recipe and maybe hope of hopes some of brookes recipies.
DISCLAIMER---These are not fancy- just the opposite, but for my husband who never met a casserole he didn't like and my picky picky Coen they work quite well. These are both recipes from Harvene.
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
20 oz of frozen broccoli or fresh (I use fresh)
2 cups cooked chicken
1 can of cream of Chicken soup with 1/2 can of milk
1 cup Mayo
1 tbs of lemon juice
1/2 tsp of curry powder
1 1/2 cups of chedar cheese
1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs
Combine the steamed everything but bread crumbs in casserole dish, cover with crombs bake for 30 min at 350. I usually use the canned chicken from cosco- this is usually my I have no idea what to make for dinner and my family is hungry now meal- because it takes no time and all the ingredients are usually in my pantry. I use a little more curry. I also usually put in a lot more broccoli and little more chicken as I don't like it too saucy. Yesterday I didn't have and soup so I made it with chicken broth and sour cream instead and it was really good. I usually use low fat or fat free everything. And the miracle is Coen usually gobbles up the broccoli!
I will have to finish later as we are supposed to be at the park right now!

2 comments:

Becky said...

that is one cute kid...and I'm still laughing from the hair...

Becky said...

Okay - do you know what would make me the happiest person on earth (and yes - I'm playing one of my cancer cards - and yes, again, I'm wasting a cancer card on ridiculous requests) beckett with his hair in pigtails and bows - and I need a whole bunch of pics of different "dos" - oh and butch it up at the end to make alma less twitchy - throw one in with a mohawk - both boys with mohawks...yes, that would make my day - weekend...it's all I'm asking for...