Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Coen



Today is my little boys third birthday (Happy Birthday to Aunt Susan and Aunt Kaylin too!).

So just a quick recap on the big day- Coen has been planning this day for months- even down to the costumes he thought his guests should wear. Overall I think the big day was successful for Coen. The only failure was none of his boy cousins could come so we were sadly lacking in Jedi warriors. Jessica did come as Darth Vader. And Aunt Laura and Uncle Wendells families provided a Storm Trooper costume including the mask and the blaster. A horrible genocide then took place in our living room. We did have the Star Wars cake and Ceon decorated his own cupcakes. (He is a little OCD and was very careful about placing the marshmallows). He also told me that we should clean the house before his party.

This morning he woke me up by running into my room singing "It's my birthday! It's my birthday! Where is my Star Wars cake?" So it was a great day.




In honor of the special day just a few things about Coen-

Things I miss-






~cuddling with him in bed in the morning.
~when he would hold my hand or pat my face and say "happy happy"
~how he just fit perfectly curled up on my chest as a newborn
~how he would say "I hold you." when he wanted to be picked up
~his little demon prayers- Where he would use his sweet voice to pray but every other sentence he was glaring at me and telling me to be quiet and then back to his sweet voice for God.

Things that are fun now-



~everything cool is his fathers. This includes the flag and the national anthem at Sea World.
~his imagination. How he puts down his pretend basketball to do an errand and then goes and picks it up in the exact same spot when he is done. How he plays with his cousins and Papa Ray all the time.
~his love for tractor grandpa
~how much he loves to read
~his little cuddles all day long
~wrestling and cuddling with his brother- especially when I find them all curled up together asleep in the crib



4 comments:

V said...

What a cutie! Sounds like ya'll had quite the party! Mike is going to be so jealous! He loves Star Wars too. Hope the day was great. Tell Coen happy belated from us!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, COEN!!!!!

Armstrong Family said...

So cute! Wow, time flies way too fast!

The Clay's said...

Psh Malinda you said Mike would be jealous! The whole time I was reading it I was like I'm SOOOOO sad that I didnt get to be there that sounds like so much fun! I wish I lived closer to my cousins!!