Sunday, April 11, 2010

So I Was Quite the Productive Little Housewifey

I made this fabulous shepards pie recipe (I think the bottle of Irish Stout made the difference) I made a Quadruple batch and froze two and sent one over to Dad and Hollys. I also made a batch of Irish brown bread- we ate this every day in Ireland and I loved it. We don't really have anything quite like it here. I liked this recipe but I tweaked it a little.

Photobucket

Then one day this last week I made a huge batch of Cafe Rio's Pork Barbacoa salad (one of my favorites- that and the grilled samon tacos). I make Alma eat there every day when we go back to Utah- and now I can make my own! And I looked at a bunch of versions on line and kind of came up with this one. This is a picture of the creamy tomatillo dressing that is devine (it is also on the salmon tacos). I could drink this big vat of fat. yum.

Photobucket

Here is the pork brewing away in its yummy sweet/spicy sauce.

Photobucket

And at the same time I made a triple batch of barbeque meatballs. I really wanted to fill up the freezer. After we ate dinner I loaded up the extra batches and asked Alma to take them out to the freezer. I loaded up the pork and put it in the fridge (in the produce drawer that freezes everything). The next morning Alma woke me up to tell me the fridge was dead. I wandered out and touched to pork and it was still cold thanks to the freezing drawer, and stuck it in the freezer, told Alma "Thank goodness the meatballs got frozen." and toddled back to bed. Later that day Alma admitted that he had just put the meatballs in the fridge and figured that he would tranfer them in the morning. Sigh- so lots of work lost. Along with everything else in the fridge. And it will be close to a week before we can get the new insanely expensive fridge that will fit in our kitchen- grrrrr. Insanely expensive. Coen told me on the third day of no milk with his cereal that Dad and I should go to work and make some money to buy a new refridgerator.

Photobucket

2 comments:

M+J said...

This is a huge bummer (refrigerator, I mean ... not your housewifey-ness). I'm totally impressed by you. Do you make housecalls?

Andrea said...

Hmm. Why is it that you post about food without posting the recipes. You are fired.