Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This should have pictures- but uhm it doesn't

Coen is at that age where he is saying the best stuff so here are this weeks favorites.

-He was at Kennedi's house the other day. In typical girl fashion she was debating what to wear. She had finally narrowed it down to two outfits. She then turned to Coen and asked "Which one should I wear Coen?" Coen threw his hands in the air and said "I can't do this!" When asked if he picked his clothes he said "No- my mom does that."

-The other day his cousins gave him a Bears football helmet. When I tried to explain that this was a team in Chicago and what they were called he corrected me. "No this is a new team- see it has a C on the helmet like Coen." When I asked what they were called he said "The Co-nadons. And there quarterback is named Coen Dean Clove and there is a good player named Beckett but he kept punching players and knocking them out so the refs put him on a time out forever."

-He hugs me all the time and tells me he will love me "forever and ever".

-Today he told me "Mom I want to color some tigers. I can do the stripes but I need you to do the rest."

-While I was cooking the four batches of Shepard's pie tonight Coen told me he wanted to watch Project Runway when I told him it wasn't on until tomorrow he asked if he could watch Top Chef then. I think he wanted me to put something I like on so I would sit and cuddle him on the couch.

And just so I can brag about Beckett too- He is just so lovely and plays for hours by himself like Coen never did. Just this afternoon he made soup with his star wars guys- played train tracks- and played in the little oven for several hours, just playing happily.

He does fine motor skills so well- and Coen was really good at the gross motor stuff. Beckett is still in the crib- he has climbed out off and on for a year but never remembers that he can do it for months and months.

He calls Coen "Brovy" which just melts my heart.

I went to kiss him good night the other day and he wiped it off and said "Daddy and Brovy kiss me already" Only I am the only one who could have interpreted this statement.

He feels the need to pray along with anyone else. This includes prayers in sacrament meeting. he prays loudly and if the person skips part he feels should be there he screams it until it is included or I take him out of the room.

We are struggling with bed time. It would be less of an issue if Alma didn't go to bed at the same time and needs his sleep. So I can't really let Beckett through a fit until he wears himself out.

I am really enjoying how fast his vocab is growing.

Coen and Beckett wrestle all day long. They rough house like crazy and kiss and hug each other all day long.

Oh and this is a sad little story. Coen and Beckett have been moving these cement pavers which I just know would injury somebody. But I didn't think it would be me! So Coen had moved their spaceship into the garage pavers and all. And while I was carrying stuff into the garage I didn't see the pile and I fell (very hard) and landed on my knee and hip. So my knee is like ground beef and my dress slacks that still fit are shredded and I have to leave for work in a few minutes. As I was crying and cleaning my knee Coen asked what was wrong. I told him I tripped on the pavers he had left on the floor. He got the saddest look on his little face and said sorry in a little voice. He then ran to the garage and moved all the pavers out. It was so sweet and he was so concerned.

5 comments:

Becky said...

a comment. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Got you to look!

Andrea said...

Cute, cute stories. Sheesh, Becky is a pain in the comments area.

Emily Ann said...

Coen makes me laugh so much! Thanks for sharing. I loved his football one...I think he might be having a hard time thinking that Beckett could be good at something too! lol

Marika said...

Love you. Miss you all. Can I come hang out tomorrow night and friday? I'll even watch the boys when you're at work fri...

Lesley Ann said...

Such fun stories Polly!! I love the things kids say, glad you are writing them down, and sharing. It brought smiles to my day!!