Sunday, September 12, 2010

Somedays Motherhood is Just as I Dreamed

Last week I had one of those dreamy perfect days. The boys played for hours and hours with out fighting. (Now if life were really perfect I would have enjoyed this by laying on a blanket in the shade reading- but instead I payed bills and fought with comcast on the phone.) I just love listening in to the kids talking and imagining.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Coen was explaining to Beckett Military strategy here. He was saying things like the bad guys come this way and you are standing here and I am standing here and we go like this and chase them ect... ect. As you can see from the drawings it was a complex and lengthy encounter.


Photobucket
Then they spent a long time putting this together. You may think that this is a strange pile of trash, sticks and the forgotten outside toys- but you would be wrong. This is a spaceship. And you may think the pilot sits in the chair in front, as I did, but you would be wrong. Beckett is really into space right now. But unlike Coen who likes to read books about the Hubble telescope- Beckett just likes to fly around the house making spaceship noises and likes to be called space boy.

Photobucket
I love the phase where they like to line things up and sort. And of course my little OCD Beckett has embraced this with gusto.

Photobucket
At one point Beckett thought that as they had finished putting all the toys in the spaceship they should start putting the pavers there too. I had to end this - Do you see those poor little toes? I can't even imagine the crying when he drops this.

Photobucket
They would take breaks to shoot Mom through the windows.

Photobucket
While Beckett took a nap Coen and I made these. He designed them and glued some of the pieces on and I used the hot glue gun for the ones that needed a little more than craft glue. But I just put things where he told me to. It was fun to work together and I think they turned out great.

Photobucket
Then Coen took off his pants and tuned the couch into a giant obstacle course.

Oh and did you notice how pitiful the patio is. It is awful. I can't wait until we have the time and money to fix it. I just normally try to pretend that I can't see it and it doesn't exist. But I do have dreams.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome. I'm glad you had one of those days. They make the other days more bearable.

I don't trust pediatrician's anymore. They always tell me the stuff to buy to fix my children's rashy, red, bleeding, dry faces, and it never works.

Now I'm going to buy Burt's Bees something or other because when I brought up the subject at a family outing, that was the general consensus. Out with medical opinion, in with hearsay. Something needs to start working and pronto. (We had two chilly days and Cowen's cheeks started bleeding. Grr.)

Kathy said...

Polly, I'm so glad that you enjoyed those moments of bliss. I just love it when all of the little pieces connect so beautifully together, in one single moment--and often in the most unexpected places. Oh, the wonder of it all . . . .

Megan Bruschke said...

love it....those are the days that make it all worth it!