Sunday, September 26, 2010

Photobucket

So if you didn't know I have a thing for Impressionists, and Monet in particular.
And now you get why I love this picture.
The light was perfect- a little country road- slight breeze.
Aren't you just waiting for a lady with a parasol to walk over the hill?

And fair warning I really have a thing for Impressionists. I can be a little obsessive compulsive. And during a very painful year in my childhood I hid in the world of Impressionism. I read a lot and I really read a lot about things I love. So I can talk your ear off- wanted or not- if I get started. Someday I will be a docent at a museum- and bore little school children and old ladies with my accumulated knowledge. For now I try to hold myself in check and not bore the world.
Poor Alma has to travel with me- And for now I just bore him. I keep looking for someone who will be happy to talk about how politics affected the French art movement in the mid to late nineteenth century. I also could recommend several books.

I think I particularly love Monet because his paintings evoke peace, tranquility. And at this time in my life I needed a lot of peace and tranquility. But as much as I love Monet's poppies- it can't begin to touch the peace and joy in my life walking along this road, holding Alma's hand a sleepy baby on his shoulder and a prancing toddler ahead of us. I am living the dream I imagined as a young girl when I gazed at these paintings for hours on end.

I will save my thoughts on the political/social connections to Gaudi's art. I will bore you with those thoughts if I finally get around to blogging on our time in Barcelona.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful picture . . . and beautiful post. You are indeed living the dream.