Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude Week Day #2

Today your challenge is to write a thank you letter to someone- not just a thank you for the lovely yellow sweater- a sincere heart felt thank you for making my life worth living letter. So here is mine-

Dear Alma,

Thank you for being the fabulous man you are. I know I am not easy to live with. I know I have high expectations and am ruled by my emotions far too much. I know I lean on you, a lot. Thank you for always being there.

I love how much you love me. You have taught me how to love everyday. I love how you look at me and how your adoration comes shining through your eyes. I hope you feel that way when I look at you.


I love how hard you work for our family, the church, our business, and around our house. Thank you for all the hours- especially the countless hours helping others that goes unnoticed and unrecognized.

I love that we have so much in common. I knew I was lucky on our honeymoon when you happily traipsed through art galleries, museums, and antique stores. I also love that we love different things. You introduced me to Star Trek on our honeymoon- and though I can't say I love it, I love cuddling with you while you watch it.

I love what a good father you are. Seeing you with the boys just takes my breath away.. Better than I ever imagined.

I love how tall you are- tall men are really sexy (hello- rock Hudson). So even though kissing you gives me a crink in the neck- I love it.

The list goes on and on- but mostly thank you for making me laugh, for the kisses, for rescuing our children when I am fed up, for being so obstinate and contrary that even I can't predict what you will say next.

I love you- Polly

As a side note- I am not married to Rock Hudson, John Wayne, or (heaven forbid) Jon Luke Picard- I have something infinitely better.

As a second side note- I wrote this because I just LOVE Andrea and her family but I especially love how open and forward they are about their love for their spouses. I know they get this from their parents ( I vividly remember the Rassmussens making out on my college couch) and I hope a little rubs off on me. I sure would like my kids to never doubt how much Alma and I love each other. So gear up boys- there is a lot of parent kissing in your future- it is for your good, I promise.

As a third side note- Becky how on earth do you kiss that hairy beast who has taken over Nicks body- ugh.



2 comments:

Andrea said...

Good post--made me smile. Especially the part about my parents making out on the couch in our apartment. I'd forgotten about that.

Durrett Family Band said...

Alma just opened up after he found you. It makes me so happy to see.