Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gratitude Week

In celebration of Thanksgiving I am having a gratitude week.
Today's assignment is to sit and write for two minutes things you are grateful for. The big and small, the meaningful and the inane. Here is my list:

my marriage
Coen and Beckett
sisters
sisters in Zion
our home
my job
the gospel
our extended families
Becky's blog about Kid Rock- I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I think Becky is brilliant and hilarious.
temples
paper- oh I love paper
computers
the wonderful place that is Nevada City
looking at the stars with Coen
libraries and the children's librarians in Grass Valley
books
laughter
nap time
food
cars (it is so easy to visit family- have you read pioneers histories? they took crazy trips to see a sister)
good health
lovin' my man
ice cream
Alma's grey streak
living in a great ward
loving my in-laws

So now I've written a list, it is your turn, no thinking, no planning, just sit and write. Be amazed at the number of blessings in your life- so many you won't be able to write them all.

...that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you. Alma 34:38

No comments: