Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude Week Day #4

Yesterdays day was quite long and a little heavy so today is simple and fun. What are the five foods you are most grateful for this time of year. Post your list in the comments section.
Here are my top five, in no particular order:
1. Grandma Friend's Green Jello Salad- mmmmmm, I know this is disgusting to any non Conley female- but it is divine. I have a bowl in my fridge right now and have been snacking on it since the BIG dinner is at the Cloves and they are not green Jello Salad eaters. Never fear little sisters I will arrive Friday with the ingredients for another batch.
2. Cranberry anything- this is really all year long.
3. Mint hot chocolate/peppermint tea. I am especially into the peppermint tea this year. Coen always asks for "hot tea" I am horrified at where this will lead to in primary some day.
4. Toffee bars- there is a pan cooling right now on the table-shortbread, toffee, pecans, chocolate- totally divine.
5. Leg of Lamb- another Friend food- My Great grandfather ran sheep on the ranch so my family always has lamb at every holiday growing up- along with the ham and turkey and sometime a goose. No one else I know seems to eat this- but yum yum- I love it.
These were just the top five I thought of - so what are your food loves and what does it say about you?
Scripture of the Day- D&C
14 Verily, this is fasting and prayer, or in other words, rejoicing and prayer.
15 And inasmuch as ye do these things with athanksgiving, with bcheerful chearts and countenances, not with dmuch elaughter, for this is sin, but with a glad heart and a cheerful countenance—
16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the a fulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
17 Yea, and the herb, and the agood things which come of the earth, whether for food or for braiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the abenefit and the buse of man, both to please the eye and to cgladden the heart;
19 Yea, for afood and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to bstrengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to aexcess, neither by extortion.

No comments: