Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Magic

We just returned from Wendell and Kirsten's home. A wonderful meal of soup and salad, some caroling, and a fabulous nativity play filled our evening. I loved the Play Beckett was Baby Jesus and Coen a gun wielding, horse riding sheep. Baa Baa. I will post hilarious pictures later.

I love this time of year. I love the music, the food, the spirit all drawing you home and closer to your family and loved ones. I feel so grateful for my family, Alma's family, our little family- how blessed we are in our life.

The spirit is close to us this year and I feel especially grateful for our Savior and his life. I value how the lens of the Gospel helps me focus on what is truly important and needful. I value the support only the spirit of the atonement can provide. The sorrows and griefs are lightened by the Savior's loving hand. The joys and blessings even sweeter with the knowledge of our purpose and plan.

Well the little elves in our house need to get working. There are stockings to stuff and cinnamon rolls to be made. Lots of Christmas cheer from the Clove home.

This is what the little elves will be doing after all their Christmas Eve work. Just picture Alma's head on the green elf.

No comments: