Sunday, December 14, 2008

Late Night Crafting Update

I finished my BIG sister gifts tonight (What you say? no real rush on those- and yet Christmas cards which desperately need to get done were neglected for another day- pish on you voices in my head I will do what I feel like- it's the Sabbath!) Anyways- I was pleased with the end result (even if they don't quite look like I pictured them in my head), I showed them to Alma and he said "Those are pretty..................goofy looking." (There was a really long pause). ARRGGHHH!!! What do I care what he thinks- he doesn't even like Boden clothes- so what does his opinion matter. But it matters because no one else is in my house to give me crafting feedback. Here are some of the vintage sequins used in said project:


You will have to wait for final pics until after my sisters open them when I see them this weekend. It is a miracle already that we haven't told each other what we are giving on another- we are really bad at secrets.

While I was hot gluing the last few remaining nerves on my finger tips this is what Alma was doing:

You can't really tell, but he is making Beckett a little Mii Wii thingy. He didn't like that when he turned on the Wii there was Polly, Alma, and Coen and no little Beckett. He said it just felt wrong. So cute in a weirdo Alma way. So even though Beckett can't play (and lets be honest Coen is kind of a mess at this as well- he just runs around the room waving the controller and every now and then miraculously hits a ball) he has a Mii. Here is our little Nintendo family:
Alma Beckett Coen Polly
Do you like how Alma made Coen taller than me? Very funny people. Just as a side note- I am almost unbeatable at the Wii bowling- but useless at every thing else. When we first got it this was enough for me to have a much younger Wii fitness age than Alma but sadly he practices and has passed me up. Also my Mii has some crazy blue eye shadow and a mole on my cheek and bright red lips. Super Hotty.

One thing learned tonight: Peppermint Stephens Coco is yummy- but add marshmallows and it crosses over the fine line to not yummy. Some things you just have to learn from experience. Hopefully mine will help save you all.


1 comment:

The Clay's said...

So as I was reading through your post I looked at the picture and was like why is coen taller than polly. And the next sentance I read said that. I am SO excited to see you on Monday!!!! And my not so new cousin that I havent seen!