Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday Weekend

This was a big weekend for our family- Susie's 30th and Beckett's 1st birthday. And like all big weekends I am physically and emotionally exhausted now that it is over. This was the first weekend in almost eight weeks that Alma and I have both been home- so of course we took off for a whirl wind trip to Salinas. I love being at Susie's home- the green feilds, the rolling hills, deep rich earth. So here are a couple of pictures of Coen with his farmer Uncle Troy. As you can imagine Coen was in heaven.






Tonight we finished our very extended weekend with a party for Beckett. (On his actual birthday I did bring a brownie back to the hotel from Susie's party and we let him eat it all by himself.) Our family here in town joined us for some cake and ice cream. Beckett is getting so big- but he is still my little baby. My cuddely little baby. So here he is coverd in yummies.






No surprise that Beckett didn't even pause long enough to look at the cake but just dove in with both fists (which is how he always eats) and ate steadily until he was cleaned up.

2 comments:

Becky said...

is it me, or is your hair getting fuzzier?

Andrea said...

Cute baby!! Ignore Becky.