Monday, May 25, 2009


Not a great picture- but this is a great kid.
This weekend was the last of our time with Brian before he left on his mission. (I will write more about him later). So lots of good byes and hugs and tears. Sunday while we were eating I explained to Coen that we were going to Brian's house for on last hug after lunch. He then said "I two now so I go to Canada with Brian. I two and be a big missionary friend with Brian." I told him that he would have to leave his mommy to go with Brian and Coen burst in to wailing sobs, with tears running down his face. Crying over and over " I no leave my mommy." He then calmed down and said "Okay mommy you can go to Canada with Brian and me." When we told Brian this story he got a little teary (it may have just been residual tears from saying good-bye to Emily) and said that he didn't want to leave his mommy either.
I just love these two guys.
Last night hung out with Kate and Emily- tonight games with Anna, Marika, and TJ (of which I won every one). This morning I went down to Land Park in Sacramento and did a 5k which was great- friends from work and church joined me and the same group is going to get together to do another in July. Anyways add in a little swimming and bar-b-que and it has been a pretty great weekend.

3 comments:

Becky said...

your picture/content connection lacking. but i like the "bad pic/good pic" line...and i don't understand who's dating who and is brian really going to CANADA? what ever happened to exotic destinations that made mamas nervous. the last 10 missionaries i've watched go out go to places like fort lauderdale, el paso, upstate newyork, reno...blah, blah, blah...and then he'll come home all pro-canadian and won't appreciate our anti-canadian humor. he'll probably even make his kids watch caillou. hiss-hiss-boo-boo. why couldn't he just get assigned to the phillipines and waded in rice paddies with water buffalo...much better photo ops. just saying.

Durrett Family Band said...

I wish I could have been there to say my goodbyes, too. He's such a sweet guy. Malinda and I are coming out at the end of July! I'm so excited for Charlie to have some fun cousin time.

V said...

We got to say our goodbyes to Brian last night. We really enjoyed seeing family that we haven't been able to visit since our wedding (!!!). Laura was talking about Coen and how much fun he is and the cutest things he says! We would love to see you guys too sometime!