Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quick Little Update

Yeah Kathy made a comment!!!!!!!!!! Kathy is my ex-step-sister-in-law which is just fun to write. She is a fabulous woman- smart, sassy, and unapologetically just herself. I love her to bits- many of our favorite books on Coen and Beckett's shelf are from her (or ones she got for Becky's kids that I liked so much I had to order them for our house). Every night after his bath Coen runs around the house in his puppy towel, barking, and begging to be petted- all thanks to Kathy. Even though the monkey towel Beckett got for his birthday is being eyed with a great deal of envy. So in short I love Kathy and am thrilled she commented and even more thrilled that as usual she said the nicest things. She is one of those people that if she loves you you always leave every encounter with her feeling ten feet taller. Oh and she married Ben my most amazing step-brother and so that alone shows what a woman of refinement and great taste she is.


Some little notes about the monkeys this week-

Coen must be getting for a big growth surge- because he is eating nonstop (and all healthy snacks- I always know he is really hungry if he will eat whole wheat crackers and carrot sticks) and talking a ton but very little is understandable- typical of him when he is pushing his verbal boundaries . I will be amazed with all his new words in a couple of weeks. We are also working on our French vocabulary on this great website and I think his accent may be better than mine!

Beckett- I caught him crawling and then going onto a stand in the middle of the room but as soon as he saw me -back down on his knees. I think he stands a lot more when it is just him and Coen. If I try to get him to walk holding onto my hands or the baby push thing he arches his back and screams bloody murder. Just charming. He got a tooth on the top this last week and has decided biting things in little tiny bits is hilarious. He is so happy now I can almost forgive him for the first 9 months of his life. Almost. He loves crawling outside as well- even when this results in bloody knees and toes.

Here is my fabulous mom moment. I was cleaning out the boys closet and listening to my favorite Cake CD. When I realized that it was on the song with a lot of profanity. A lot. You know the one I am talking about if you are a Cake fan. So I go running out into the living room to skip the song ( I usually have thought ahead and get there before it is really going- because who needs to here that many F words in a couple of minutes). When I get out to the living room I notice that Coen has opened the back door. It is frigidly cold and raining so I go running out side and there is Beckett laying in the stream/mud puddle in the back yard rubbing mud all over his head and laughing his head off. And amazingly those pajamas just washed up great. So if you are ever feeling like a bad mom- just think about this story. It will cheer you right up. Profanity, possible drowning and hypothermia all made possible by a huge amount of benign neglect. I can tell you this would never happen at Becky's house. But on the bright side the closet is spic and span and the old clothes are all packed up for cousins/garage. You gotta give your self props where you can. A child's near death is a reasonable cost for a clean closet. Right? RIGHT?

I have got to scoot because I am supposed to be working on Laura's family portraits. I will post them for you when we get done. All I can say is uhm-Brian you are the worst model ever. And of the HUNDREDS of pictures I took he looks retarded in all but 2. 2 people. I may photoshop his one decent face onto all the other pictures. It must be genetic because Rick is running a close second in the worst model ever contest.

2 comments:

Becky said...

oh, polly's finally hitting her stride...see, honesty is liberating and funnnny for the rest of us...i'm still laughing. love you -bb

Andrea said...

Hee hee. That sounds like MY house--without the profanity. Who in the world is CAKE??? Must not have been around when good ole' Willie was singing the blues.