Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Falltacular


I grew up in central California so the joy of fall was lost on my during my young life. That is until we moved to Nevada City. NC is one of the few places in California has a colorful fall. Now this is one of my favorite times of year.

The crisp air, the colors, the pumpkins, - I just love it all. I keep meaning to walk around some of my favorite streets and get some pictures of the leaves around the Victorian homes. With how much I love fall here in Nevada City I still miss the aspens in Utah. I miss the fall in San Francisco. SF is usually cool and foggy- except in the fall. This is San Francisco's summer. The sun shines it is a perfect 80 degrees with crystal clear skies. The city is at its best. And I keep dreaming of seeing Smugglers Notch in Vermont during the fall. It was wonderful in the summer when we were there for our honeymoon- and someday we will make it back for the fall color.
This week Alma and I took the boys on a little train ride. Coen loved it- he loves trains but picking out the pumpkin half way through was not very interesting- they were too heavy and really couldn't compete with the Darth Vader and the huggable ghost.


















Today we went to the play ground, check out Austin's cool trick!









And my cute little guys.









Then after a visit with Great-Grandma Conley- (more on this on the next blog when not so exhausted). We came home and played with Susie's kids and Joseph and Anna.











The rest of the Conleys joined us for dinner. After our busy day I am ready to pass out- very early for me.

No comments: