Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Wonderful Day

I have been obsessed with being frugal all week. WE WILL SAVE MONEY!!!! I keep saying over and over. So Alma was home for the first time today in months (Yeah elections are over and Christmas cards haven't started). What did we do? Talked about our budget goals and then no joke went out to eat for all three meals, went to Roseville and spent money like drunken sailors. Budget what budget? In our defense neither Alma or I owned a pair of pants that fit or didn't have holes in them. Both of Alma's dress shirts are frayed and worn- and our boys needed some winter clothes. Old Navy was having a great toddler clothes sale $2-4 for most things. So we went shopping.

We then drove home- all is still well- I laid down and woke up in extreme pain. Ibuprofen, water and a Vicoden later and I am still not feeling human. I hate pain.

But it is so exciting to have Alma home! I missed him so much. 5 more weeks before I lose him again. Oh- next week Dad and Alma are going to Chicago for a man trip- hope they have fun and make some good connections. Well I know this is short, and boring but I am in too much pain to keep going.

1 comment:

Armstrong Family said...

Fun, fun, fun to shop! I LOVE all your crafts, they turned out great. I was looking at the goat pics and, as cute as it was, I can't get over how big Jessica is. She is a young woman now! Send more pics of all the kids. How are your younger sisters doing and Joseph? Thanks for the info on Becky. Wow, what a tough thing for her, and all of you, to go through. I'll keep her in my prayers.
We got the Wii at Gamestop.com
We got it today and Nate is already wanting VERY MUCH to open it up and play it. I told him to go ahead but that means he has to start buying Christmas all over again and I can think of several things I want.....that are as costly as a Wii. he he he
The boys are looking adorable, as usual. Have you taken them on the Halloween train at the Northern Queen? Elise loved that thing!