Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Little of This and a Little of That

Today was one of those days. You know what I am talking about. The day that just doesn't seem to go. Coen was up all night wandering around the house- climbing into our bed- climbing into Beckett's crib "Baby brother needs me mama". And Beckett was up all night to eat. My kids have a special 6th sense for when it is a Wednesday night. Then work was okay, actually it went just about perfect until the last patient showed up 50 min. late. Then I walked outside and I had a flat tire- and the tire place didn't have a replacement so after a trip to Costco I drove home very slowly. It is so wonderful to come home and have all three of my boys so excited to see me walk in the door. Lots of hugs and kisses and cuddling. (oh I forgot to mention I have a UTI- so on top of it all I was really uncomfortable all day). I am on call tonight and so far only three calls. So I guess overall the day wasn't that bad. It did end with my favorite guys- and they were just so fulfilling to come home to.


Then while I was straightening up the house I came across this:




What? You say you don't get the significance of this little pile of socks? Let me explain. Every single day as soon as Alma gets home he comes into the living room, sits down and takes off his socks. And the socks cease to exist for him. And it makes me CRAZY. I have tried just letting them sit there for weeks and he just keeps dropping them onto the floor and the tower of disgustingness never makes a dent in his consciousness. So I have accepted this hateful task of every day gathering up Alma's filthy nasty socks (okay maybe I haven't really accepted it). So today I bent over to do the deed and there was not just Alma's socks, but a little Coen sized pair and an even smaller Beckett sized pair. When I started laughing Alma said "What's so funny- We got home and we took off our socks?" So Without even realizing it he is passing on his one divorce worthy quality onto our two innocent children. I am sorry future daughters-in-law. I will continue to try and fight the good fight but I fear you too are doomed.




And I took some pics of Coen last week and want to blow one up to hang in the family room- but what one? Please vote and let me know your pick.
1.
2.
3.
4. 5.

6.



And here are a couple of cute pictures of Coen and his Mama.




Next post I will have to focus on little baby brother- who is smiling like crazy now and rolled across Grandma Conley's floor on Wensday when we had lunch with her.

Also I have been crafting like crazy- so in an upcoming blog soon there will be on update of the great Halloween crafts.

4 comments:

Becky said...

seriously - your hate of all things associated with the dreaded "foot" is hysterical...ahhhh...I thought it would have dropped off by now - but the psychosis continues. Ohhhh - serious question - is alma allowed to touch you with his feet - on the couch/cuddling in bed...you must tell me - bb

Polly said...

He dosen't ever really try- maybe an innate sense of self preservation.

Durrett Family Band said...

Brandon never thinks to pick up his socks either. There are socks right next to me at this very moment that he forgot to put away last night.

BTW, I used a pattern for the puppy from the book Amigurumi World that I got at Ben Franklin in Grass Valley. I am working on a little bunny right now and it's pretty darn cute. I am going to have to find a copy of Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful though just because the title rocks.

Armstrong Family said...

I like #2! Oh yes, I sympathize with the messes. Much like the dirty clothes that end up right next to the hamper instead of in it! Don't get it! Cut pics of Coen and I LOVE the burnt pajamas/diaper story. Glad he wasn't hurt!