Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Party Angst


We are having a Halloween party- it will be a lot of fun. But I am starting to have my usual entertaining dilemma. Do I try to do all the amazing cute ideas that I have- or do I keep it simple. I recognize that no one else really cares about all the little details- that I am quite capable of going over the top. I know the more I plan the more stress and obligation I feel (all completely self-induced). BUT I like all the little details, I like the creative part, I like the creating the perfect night. So my question is how to do this with out making myself totally nuts. (Becky is always getting on me about the crazy expectations I make for myself for the holidays- the menus- the guests- the memories I want to just be perfect)
As a side note I am working the day of the party-dumb!
So this is what I would love to create (this is from skiptomylou)

But I recognize that I still have to make our costumes- sleep- feed my kids and not be institutionalized next week. Anyone else have this same conundrum?

1 comment:

Becky said...

there's no conundrum - chill out! Buy a bunch of pumpkins (all sizes) and scatter some leaves and make a bunch of food ahead of time. Pick music, iron clothes, take a valium...seriously - polly - don't make yourself crazy because you won't have any fun. And your guests will know that you're tweaking! So seriously, chill out. Pick a decorating them that is simple, easy and beautiful...and do it and don't apologize for anything that happens to be less than perfection. Lots of love - becky