Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1

Becky is doing some kind of challenge about blogging about yourself- and I thought gee I can do that too. So I don't know where she got the idea- I am just copying what she does.

A Recent Picture of Yourself

Photobucket
I have been working on putting more pictures of myself on the blog- and there are actually some of me after our trip this summer- and thanks to Alma's iphone. I just tripped of across this one and I liked it. The only reason I picked it.

15 Interesting Things About You

I love writing to do lists.
I am a strange combination of being extremely outgoing and chatty but at the same time have crippling social anxieties- I know a strange combination- that is getting better.
My childhood nicknames were either wog or pc.
My best friends in the world are my sisters.
I am trying to work the 12 steps- but there are a sad lack of 12 step meetings in our area- only 2 a week that fit my needs.
Beckett's middle name is Dieter. I think that is unusual.
I don't really get twitter and have never even tried.
There is a little reef in the South Pacific named Polly's Point.
On that same trip I helped sew a finger back on a young man- while villagers kept pulling hairs out of my head.
Someday I hope to work for the Department of Health and Human Services in an area related to pediatric health care.
I think I am going to get my PhD from Harvard when the boys are grown to do that- as you can tell I have a large second career planned.
If that never happens I would be fine because I love my job- I love it. I would still do it if I had hundreds of millions of dollars.
I am constantly wondering how to balance spending enough time with the boys and just keeping the house running. What is more important dishes or doing puzzles another 15 min?
I am not good at finishing things- be it crafts or chores I always avoid the last step.
I think my life is pretty amazing- but being married to a grumpy old man pessimist sometimes is a downer in my outlook. Not HIM- just his pessimism.

No comments: