Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 5

Sorry for the break. I am just copying Becky- so when she took a break I didn't know what to post. I know I could have looked it up or even call her and ask- but it was just easier to sit and wait. So I am back for now.

Day 5- A Travel Photo

Well I have been mostly posting travel photos. That is mostly what I took this year. Apparently when I am not feeling great I don't whip out my camera that often. But on trips I have it with me all the time. I also have the added bonus of a husband who loves photography but doesn't like taking pictures. So he is happy to assist me. He carries heavy camera bags, entertains children, and never minds when I putter behind the family changing f-stops and ISO and just fidgeting around with the camera. It is actually a great combination. So I get to play with my camera on vacation unlike any other time (the boys are less patient with my hobby). Therefore piles and piles of vacation photos. But I knew just what photo I wanted to use when I read this. I had one taken at Chambord that epitomized a dream I have had for years (am I old enough to even say decades?).

Photobucket

Whenever I am traveling and see little old ladies together I smile. Ahhh I think there is my future. You see I assume I will be a widow for a while. Not because I think Alma is going anytime soon. I just think men die younger- I always have (because they do). And plan on spending these golden solitary years traveling around with my friends. I automatically assume it will be Emily- but anyone will do. So when I saw these two emerging from the grounds I thought -oh yes Emily and I would enjoy a stroll here in our orthopedic shoes. So this is dedicated to Emily's and my future travel plans. And if Josh and Alma far outlive our expectations they can come too. Good thing I like their company- it is one of the convenient things when friends get married.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm a little hurt to be left out of your travel plans. But it's okay--I plan on dying with Timothy in a car accident when we're about 70. Earlier if the you-know-what isn't working for us anymore. No fuss. No solitary years.

Besides--I don't care much for travel.

If things go awry with my plans, I'll fall back on plan #2 and you can come visit me in Ireland any time you like. We can look for leprechauns together.