Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 3

A Picture of You and Your Best Friend

I think I am a friendly person- and I have moved a lot so I think I have many many friends scattered all over the country. So many friends that I wish lived closer so we could stay close and have good times together.

But a best friend- those are a little more rare. I have a dark insecure side- I have just recently learned to show to others. And for year I hid it this friendly over the top sociality. And I think only a few have really seen the ugly and good and loved me even more for it.

First- this poor man didn't have a clue what he was getting into when he married me. I didn't know what I was going to be blessed with. I had no idea how much he would make me laugh or how he would stun me with his kindness. Every marriage has the ups and downs and I am glad I am on this ride with Alma. I couldn't ask for someone better for me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next group is my sisters. I have written about our relationship before- but it can be said again. They are the reason I survived, they are my everything. The are my joy.

Photobucket
And also the little sisters- they are my joys now. One of my favorite things in the world is our girls nights. I loved them as babies and I loved them as teenagers and I love them even more as they become women.

Photobucket

My sister-cousins are next. We have shared childhood memories- many many good times in college. Some of them convienently married our guy friends from college- so they could be family. And I don't think that I have any pictures of us on the computer. So Close your eyes and just picture a passel of strong, smart, fabulous Conley cousins.

Molly- When you have sisters who are close in age your friends overlap quite a bit. Molly was first Becky's friend. When we first met she could tell from my first actions that I would be her buddy and continue to shock her for the rest of our lives. She is our adopted sister. We love you Molly. You need to finish school and come home to California. I think this is one of my favorite pictures of her- but I also love all the pictures of her and Coen loving on each other and I have millions of those.

Photobucket

And lastly I will add Andrea. Unofficial sister-cousin. The only roommate who lived with all of us strong opinionated Conleys and could withstand the natural force that we are. Who else would have cap gun fights, or do water opera with no concern about what others would think. And well how could I not be kindred spirits with some one with red spiky hair and a deep love of John Wayne. And I don't have a picture of her hot body and gorgeous hair- but I know she will love this picture of the fruit of her loins.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Polly--I'm so glad I'm included on your list. You are definitely on mine. Why don't I have a copy of that pic of Cowen???!!!! Has it really been that long since we've gotten together, that my oldest son was the age of my now youngest? Ridiculous. Get out here and visit me!